July is here and we’re deep into wedding season! I thought that I’d put together a CASE file that would help you create a stunning wedding card.
Are you ready to get wild?
For my latest “On the CASE” CASE file I thought I’d go for an outing – an Animal Outing! This fun little design was cracked in no time – perfect for crafters on the go.
I also learned a little along the way. What fun to have a die that does some partial-cutting to add extra dimension to the simple layout!
Registered for Pixel Points? Don't forget to Login/Register, then leave a comment at the end of the post to earn even more!
Stamps and Paper and Inks … Oh, My!
Stamps: Animal Outing (bundle)
Paper: Thick Whisper White Cardstock (8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″), Animal Expedition DSP (4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, 1/2″ x 5″), Whisper White Cardstock (3 3/4″ x 3 1/2″), Lemon Lime Twist Cardstock ( 1″ x 4″)
Inks: Basic Gray
Accessories: Frames Elements
Other: Big Shot, Animal Friends Thinlits (in bundle)
On the CASE Notes
(your step-by-step guide)
- Score the card base at 4 1/4″. Fold and burnish the edge with a bone folder.
- Adhere the large piece of DSP to the card base.
- Flag both ends of the DSP strip and the Lemon Lime Twist strip.
- Adhere the DSP strip to the card base, then adhere the Lemon Lime Twist strip.
- Diecut the leaf shape on the left side of the Whisper White panel.
- Diecut a rhino from the Animal Expedition DSP.
- Stamp the sentiment on the Whisper White panel towards the bottom, centered between the leaf diecut and the right edge.
- Adhere the diecut rhino to the Whisper White panel, just above the sentiment, using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Adhere the Whisper White panel to the card base using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Make sure the leaf diecut area is over the Lemon Lime Twist banner.
- Adhere the two woodcut hearts using Tombow Multipurpose Glue. Allow a few minutes to dry.
How Hard Was It to Crack this CASE?
Difficulty Level: 1 out of 5 – Yea for easy-peasy! Diecutting the rhino from the DSP takes this design from time-consuming to time-saving! The coordinating patterns in the Animal Expedition DSP is just wonderful and can be interchanged if you’re looking for something a little different!
We hope our projects today inspired you to try CASE-ing the catalog too! We’re “on the case”, looking for the hashtag #SUontheCASE on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Google+ & Pinterest) and if we find one of your projects, we’ll share it, like it, repost it – we’ll do it all!
We’ll be On the CASE again in 2 weeks!
- SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: BUS2F3F3
- All orders receive 1 Pixel Point for every dollar spent with me on stampinup.com (before shipping and tax).
- Go for DOUBLE Pixel Points by adding the current Host Code to your order!
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND earn DOUBLE Pixel Points!
- Points can be redeemed for additional products and tutorials available HERE.
- Learn more about the Pixel Points Program
- Get 10 Ink Pads FREE! - If you have a product wishlist over $99 the Best Deal Ever is for you!
- PAPER PUMPKIN - My monthly subscribers receive freebies, stamp storage, videos and Pixel Points for free tutorials and products! Join today and get your first month 1/2 off!! Use code BLOOM0818 at checkout.
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra
- Need a 2018-19 Annual Catalog? Request your FREE copy here!
Get everything you need to make this design!
The supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. Remember, every dollar you spend (before tax and shipping) is rewarded with Pixel Points that you can redeem for products and tutorials! The more you order, the more points you earn!
You MUST use the Host Code to get your Pixel Points!
Here's some other projects you'll like!
Say Hello to the Graceful Glass Suite! When I saw this suite at OnStage a few months ago, I knew it would be on my short list.
Happy New Catalog Week!! As I’m sure you know, the new Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog was released on Friday. That means that it’s time for new inspiration and lots of fun new products and stamps.