Welcome to another On the CASE investigation! Ann and I are on the CASE, working our way through the project samples you see in Stampin’ Up! catalogs. This week, we’re full-on Holiday – all from the Annual Catalog. So, time to don your Sherlock hat and follow along as we sleuth through these splendid samples!
Tick-Tock, it’s time to play! Design team O is on the scene with a new Tic Tac Toe board and some amazing inspiration!
You might wonder what it’s like to be a part of an online design challenge team. Is it a huge commitment? Are the designers nice? Is it a lot of pressure? Well, we’re looking for a new designer to fill a position starting in late October, so, maybe you should apply! Click here for details. Here’s a little more about TTTC:
- We all blog so we can post our projects for the challenge. Some of us post projects more than others – it all depends on our business needs.
- We have a private Facebook group where we coordinate our challenge submissions and create the challenge cards.
- Challenge cards are submitted and created in advance so we can work on our inspiration projects ahead of time and work out any issues or questions with elements.
- We’re all super nice and supportive. There’s quite a few first-time design team members, so there’s lots of support to get questions answered and people going in the right direction.
- Felicita manages all of the blog posts, and I manage all of the social media posting. DT members are expected to post comments on the entries. Other design challenges sometimes divvy up the work further, but we find that this works for us so far!
- We represent lots of different styles and products (not just Stampin’ Up!). We love that we can reach crafters with different styles.
My design for today follows the first row across: Metallic, Glow, Autumn Colors:
Originally, the upper left corner was “Metallic Ink”, so I took the challenge and figured out how to make metallic ink with Stampin’ Up! reinkers! This is the creativity that ensued:
The technique is more than adding Wink of Stella on top of the ink. In this way, the metallic effect pools along with the ink color. It is stunning and a TON of fun! Here’s how I did it:
I’m betting you’ll be making metallic ink combos for weeks! It’s so much fun!! Here’s some other details that make today’s card a success:
- Use Tear & Tape for no-fuss application of foil sheet strips. First I cut the strip to the correct width (1/4″ in this case), and then I add the Tear & Tape to the back. Affix the element to the watercolor layer, then snip the edges to fit. Perfecto, with no adhesive mess!
- The Embossing Buddy is a MUST for perfect embossing without any strays. Once the embossing cools, you can wipe off any extra powder from the Buddy. You’ll be soooo happy you took the time for this step.
- Keep it simple! Let that amazing background shine by not adding a whole lot else! Your recipient will be stunned enough, there’s no need to add anything else!!
Wrap-up & Chat
If you’re in love with this project please share!
Because creatives crave inspiration! By sharing each other’s work, not only will we get better, and craft more often, but we help inspire others too. Creativity is a team sport, so get out there and share.
Here’s how you can share with me:
- Leave a COMMENT below!
- Post a project inspired by today’s post on my Facebook page OR
- Post it on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook or Google+ and use the hashtag #PMRcraftmaven
When I find your creations, I’ll comment and I’ll share them right here, AND, you'll receive a surprise in the mail from me!
Here’s how you can share with others:
- Use those big ‘ol SHARE buttons below and post today’s creative inspiration for others to find
- If you’re on a mobile device, you can share images by pressing and holding on the picture and selecting “Share Image”. You should get a whole bunch of options depending on what apps you have installed on your device.
Tick-Tock, it’s time to play! Design team O is on the scene with a new Tic Tac Toe board and some amazing inspiration! We’re on the hunt for a new Design Team member, so I thought I’d share a little about being on a Design Team. Interested? You should apply!
Yippee! Ann and I are back On the CASE with two new projects that we’ve copied from current Stampin’ Up! catalogs – just for you! You don’t want to miss out on the festive fun we’re both covering today. These catalog samples are to die for!
Ready to make everything metallic?
If you LOVED today’s project, and you want to make this card yourself, the supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. Remember, order a minimum of $25 (can be multiple orders) start receiving extra benefits from me! The more you order, the more you’ll get! You MUST use the Host Code to get your extras!
- SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: 397HQT9G. This month's Product Rewards Club members will receive:
- Orders between $25-$74.99: A 6x6 Paper Sampler - Christmas Around the World
- Orders over $75: The Paper Sampler AND Foil Snowflakes!
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND the free gifts from me!
FREEBIES!!! There's no catch - check out my Freebies Page for all sorts of downloadable resources to help take your crafting up a notch!
- Product Shares Get a little of everything, and use it all! Product Shares for the Annual Catalog and Holiday Catalog are ordered twice a month. Time to restock!
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra