I love stitching details on cards, don’t you? If you’re not the sewing type, or can’t be bothered with pulling out a machine, but would like to add a few stitches, today’s How to Wow is for you!
I really do love stitching details on cards. I don’t think it will ever go out of style! But, often, I struggle with the want, and the need to get out my sewing machine to add a few stitches. Ain’t nobody got time for that!
I will confess that I recently invested in one of those mini sewing machines. So, now I have one in my craft room that I can just pull out and stitch a line fairly quickly. But, sometimes you still want a thicker stitch, or a color that maybe you don’t have in thread. So, what’s a craft maven to do? I’ve got a simple approach that you’re going to love!
I was inspired by today’s new Tic Tac Toe Challenge board:
I went for the middle row – Dimension, Embellishment, Die-cut. I thought that I’d do up an adorable 3x3 note (my favorite size) to show off the versatility of a new bundle in the Holiday Catalog – Christmas Quilt.
Hopefully you spied the 3 or 4 little stitches I added to the quilt square. Using the die made it a breeze, but there’s other ways you can quickly add a few stitches, so, let’s take a look at the video to see!
Ready to stitch away? I hope so! Here’s some other tips about this mini beauty:
- I wanted to show off the versatility of this stamp set beyond the holidays, so I reached for my Color Coordinator to come up with a great combo – Rich Razzleberry, Blushing Bride and Sahara Sand
- Don’t be afraid to snip up your sentiments. The one I used was two lines that I broke up so they would look perfect on this little masterpiece
- Add a paper frame – I cut an additional quilt square from Blushing Bride and rotated it a quarter turn so it would peek out behind the main square. It adds the perfect extra sumthin’ sumthin’!
Wrap-up & Chat
If you’re in love with this project please share!
Because creatives crave inspiration! By sharing each other’s work, not only will we get better, and craft more often, but we help inspire others too. Creativity is a team sport, so get out there and share.
Here’s how you can share with me:
- Leave a COMMENT below!
- Post a project inspired by today’s post on my Facebook page OR
- Post it on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook or Google+ and use the hashtag #PMRcraftmaven
When I find your creations, I’ll comment and I’ll share them right here, AND, you'll receive a surprise in the mail from me!
Here’s how you can share with others:
- Use those big ‘ol SHARE buttons below and post today’s creative inspiration for others to find
- If you’re on a mobile device, you can share images by pressing and holding on the picture and selecting “Share Image”. You should get a whole bunch of options depending on what apps you have installed on your device.
Got time for these quick cards? Of course!
If you LOVED today’s project, and you want to make this card yourself, the supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. Remember, order a minimum of $25 (can be multiple orders) start receiving extra benefits from me! The more you order, the more you’ll get! You MUST use the Host Code to get your extras!
- SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: 2BHXRXH2. This month's Product Rewards Club members will receive:
- Orders between $25-$74.99: A 6x6 Paper Sampler - Quilted Christmas
- Orders over $75: The Paper Sampler AND Jute Twine!
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND the free gifts from me!
FREEBIES!!! There's no catch - check out my Freebies Page for all sorts of downloadable resources to help take your crafting up a notch!
- Product Shares Get a little of everything, and use it all! Product Shares for the Annual Catalog and Holiday Catalog are ordered twice a month. Time to restock!
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra