July is here and we’re deep into wedding season! I thought that I’d put together a CASE file that would help you create a stunning wedding card.
Welcome to this week’s On the CASE with Ann & Nicole!
We’ve reached the end of the Stampin’ Up! year, which means we’re closing the books on the 2017-18 Annual Catalog and the 2018 Occasions Catalog. Though we made it through lots and lots of projects, there’s still many left unsolved. So, don’t be afraid to keep your catalog as a source of inspiration for years to come!
This week, I chose to focus on a stamp and die set that will carry over into the 2018-19 catalog; Lift Me Up and the Up & Away Thinlits. This fun set first caught my eye in the 2017 Occasions Catalog and it’s been popular enough to make it into not one, but now two Annual Catalogs.
The dies are fun, and versatile, and the sentiments are uplifiting, with fabulous fonts. I took the sample on page 58 and changed it from a piece of home decor to a card!
Registered for Pixel Points? Don't forget to Login/Register, then leave a comment at the end of the post to earn even more!
Stamps and Paper and Inks … Oh, My!
Stamps: Lift Me Up
Paper: Thick Whisper White Cardstock (8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″), Birthday Memories DSP (4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″), Whisper White Cardstock (3 1/2″ x 4 3/4″), Sahara Sand Cardstock ( 3 pcs, each 2 3/4″ x 4 1/4″), Daffodil Delight Cardstock (2 3/4″ x 4 1/4″), Melon Mambo Cardstock (2 3/4″ x 4 1/4″), Pear Pizzazz Cardstock (2 3/4″ x 4 1/4″), Pool Party Cardstock (2 3/4″ x 4 1/4″), Whisper White Cardstock (2 3/4″ x 4 1/4″)
Inks: Sahara Sand Classic Ink
Other: Big Shot, Precision Base Plate, Big Shot Die Brush, Up & Away Thinlits, Stamparatus
On the CASE Notes
(your step-by-step guide)
- Score your card base at 4 1/4″. Fold and burnish the edge with a bone folder.
- Diecut three balloon shapes from Sahara Sand cardstock. Use the Big Shot Die Brush to remove all the little pieces.
- Diecut clouds from Whisper White cardstock. You will need a total of 6 clouds.
- Diecut balloon color pieces – three of each as shown using Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Pear Pizzazz and Pool Party cardstock.
- Adhere the colored pieces to the back of each balloon as shown.
- Set up Stamparatus to stamp sentiment on Whisper White panel. Use a finished balloon to gauge where the sentiment should go. Mask off the “congratulations” portion of the stamp so just “You Soar Above the Rest” is stamped in Sahara Sand ink.
- Adhere the finished sentiment panel to the DSP panel. Adhere finished panel to the card base.
- Gently fold each balloon in half up the center.
- Adhere the three balloons together to make one, dimensional balloon.
- Adhere the finished balloon to the card.
- Add clouds to card.
How Hard Was It to Crack this CASE?
Difficulty Level: 2 out of 5 – Making the 3-D balloon was the hardest part! You can make it easier by just using one balloon. For a card, that’s a totally acceptable shortcut! With graduation party season in full swing, this card would be a great accompaniment to any gift!
We hope our projects today inspired you to try CASE-ing the catalog too! We’re “on the case”, looking for the hashtag #SUontheCASE on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Google+ & Pinterest) and if we find one of your projects, we’ll share it, like it, repost it – we’ll do it all!
We’ll be On the CASE again in 2 weeks – with NEW CATALOG projects!
Say Hello to the Graceful Glass Suite! When I saw this suite at OnStage a few months ago, I knew it would be on my short list.
Happy New Catalog Week!! As I’m sure you know, the new Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog was released on Friday. That means that it’s time for new inspiration and lots of fun new products and stamps.
Get everything you need to make this design!
The supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. Remember, every dollar you spend (before tax and shipping) is rewarded with Pixel Points that you can redeem for products and tutorials! The more you order, the more points you earn!
You MUST use the Host Code to get your Pixel Points!
- SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: BUS2F3F3
- All orders receive 1 Pixel Point for every dollar spent with me on stampinup.com (before shipping and tax).
- Go for DOUBLE Pixel Points by adding the current Host Code to your order!
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND earn DOUBLE Pixel Points!
- Points can be redeemed for additional products and tutorials available HERE.
- Learn more about the Pixel Points Program
- Get 10 Ink Pads FREE! - If you have a product wishlist over $99 the Best Deal Ever is for you!
- PAPER PUMPKIN - My monthly subscribers receive freebies, stamp storage, videos and Pixel Points for free tutorials and products! Join today and get your first month 1/2 off!! Use code BLOOM0818 at checkout.
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra
- Need a 2018-19 Annual Catalog? Request your FREE copy here!