July is here and we’re deep into wedding season! I thought that I’d put together a CASE file that would help you create a stunning wedding card.
July is here and we’re deep into wedding season!
I thought that I’d put together a CASE file that would help you create a stunning wedding card. It’s a “congratulations” card, so you could use it for any other celebration you might have this summer.
Are you enjoying our CASE files? Don’t forget to leave a comment here and with Ann to let us know! We are definitely having a fun time working on these projects and bringing you all the nitty-gritty details!
Registered for Pixel Points? Don't forget to Login/Register, then leave a comment at the end of the post to earn even more!
Stamps and Paper and Inks … Oh, My!
Stamps: Floral Phrases
Paper: Thick Whisper White ( 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″), Petal Pink (4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″), Grapefruit Grove (2 – 2″x2″), Pear Pizzazz (5/8″ x 5 1/2″), Mossy Meadow scraps, Whisper White (3/4″ x 4″), Window Sheets (4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″)
Ink: Pear Pizzazz
Accessories: Shimmery White Embossing Paste, Silver & Petal Pink Baker’s Twine
Tools: Detailed Floral Thinlits, Big Shot, Stamparatus
Adhesives: Multipurpose Glue, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Glue Dots
On the CASE Notes
(your step-by-step guide)
- Score your card base at 4 1/4″. Fold and burnish the edge with a bone folder.
- Create a mask by using a Window Sheet, or a piece of Thick cardstock. I found that after using the window sheet, I did not save the mask, so perhaps it’s more economical (and easier) to use cardstock, preferably thick cardstock.
- Use the mask to apply Shimmery White Embossing Paste to the Petal Pink cardstock panel. Set aside to dry. Discard or clean the mask right away if you plan on using it again.
- Diecut two pieces of Grapefruit Grove using the smaller Detailed Floral thinlit. Snip out the large flower from each.
- Add small scraps of Mossy Meadow to the areas indicated on the dies in the picture to diecut the needed leaves.
- Stamp the border image using Pear Pizzazz ink on Pear Pizzazz cardstock.
- Stamp the sentiment using the Stamparatus for precision placement. Flag both ends of the sentiment.
- Adhere the border strip. Trim the edges.
- Adhere flower and leaf diecuts.
- Adhere sentiment using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Adhere Baker’s Twine bow using a Glue Dot.
How Hard Was It to Crack this CASE?
Difficulty Level: 4 out of 5 – This one was tougher than I thought! I figured there’d just be some diecutting and embossing, but no. Creating the embossing mask was a bit of a pain. I thought that using window sheets, I would save the mask. But, it was so hard to cut that it didn’t really turn out so great. I would recommend using just thick cardstock and making a one-time-use mask. Then, the flowers and leaves were not simple diecuts. They came from the huge floral cutouts. I had to figure out which ones they were! Once that was all figured out, the design came together pretty quickly. But, man, was that a ton to sleuth! I guess I did all the hard work for you! LOL!
We hope our projects today inspired you to try CASE-ing the catalog too! We’re “on the case”, looking for the hashtag #SUontheCASE on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Google+ & Pinterest) and if we find one of your projects, we’ll share it, like it, repost it – we’ll do it all!
We’ll be On the CASE again in 2 weeks!
- SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: BUS2F3F3
- All orders receive 1 Pixel Point for every dollar spent with me on stampinup.com (before shipping and tax).
- Go for DOUBLE Pixel Points by adding the current Host Code to your order!
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND earn DOUBLE Pixel Points!
- Points can be redeemed for additional products and tutorials available HERE.
- Learn more about the Pixel Points Program
- Get 10 Ink Pads FREE! - If you have a product wishlist over $99 the Best Deal Ever is for you!
- PAPER PUMPKIN - My monthly subscribers receive freebies, stamp storage, videos and Pixel Points for free tutorials and products! Join today and get your first month 1/2 off!! Use code BLOOM0818 at checkout.
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra
- Need a 2018-19 Annual Catalog? Request your FREE copy here!
Get everything you need to make this design!
The supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. Remember, every dollar you spend (before tax and shipping) is rewarded with Pixel Points that you can redeem for products and tutorials! The more you order, the more points you earn!
You MUST use the Host Code to get your Pixel Points!
Here's some other projects you'll like!
Say Hello to the Graceful Glass Suite! When I saw this suite at OnStage a few months ago, I knew it would be on my short list.
Happy New Catalog Week!! As I’m sure you know, the new Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog was released on Friday. That means that it’s time for new inspiration and lots of fun new products and stamps.