Today’s technique is going to blow your mind!
I have been a fan of the rotating stamp style, like Concord & 9th’s Turnabout ™ stamps, for a while now. It’s just so cool how you can turn the paper 90-degrees, stamp the same image, and end up with a filled-in design that looks like wallpaper or wrapping paper!
True or False: December is the fastest month
I don’t know about you, but I say TRUE! How can it already be 10 days to Christmas Eve? Then the following week we’re welcoming 2019! Yikes! I’m glad that the holiday cards went out in the mail a few weeks ago (thanks to some help from the husband), but I have a short list of people that I meant to send a card to, but they got left off the list. What to do?! I don’t have time to make cards to get them in the mail before Christmas, BUT, I do have time between Christmas and New Year’s to make up some New Year’s cards and get them in the mail just after the 1st.
How lucky that Festive Friday would be celebrating New Year’s this week! If you’re in the same predicament as me, hopefully our inspiration will help you out. We’re changing the challenge a bit. Instead of collecting points for prizes (which didn’t really catch on so well), the DT members will provide a tutorial post in the form of instructions and pictures, or a video. Yea! Instant CASE-worthy projects that you can Pin for reference!
Looking for ideas – here’s a few:
- CASE one of the DT projects and add your own twist to our designs. Of course, if you blog about it, we would love for you to mention the Designer as your inspiration for your project.
- Looking for something different? Make up a metallic stars or diamonds garland to decorate for your house party – that would surely count for this challenge.
- Of course, anything glittery or shimmery will do – from rhinestones to sequins, glimmer paper, foil paper, metallic embossing, gilding, the list really does go on and on and on. Skip the “new year’s” part of the challenge and just give us that glitz!
Here’s my take:
There are a few fun and exciting new (to me) things in this project, I can’t wait for you to see the Party Plan!
Don’t forget to leave a comment at the end of the post to qualify for my monthly giveaway!
Stamps and Paper and Inks … Oh, My!
(Affiliate shopping links are listed at the end of the post)
Stamps: Happy, Happy, Happy (Lawn Fawn),
Paper: 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ – Solar White 110lb (Neenah), 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ Peach CS (Stampin’ Up!), 4″ x 5 1/4″ – Mermaid CS (Lawn Fawn), 4″ x 5 1/4″ – Black Licorice CS (Lawn Fawn)
Inks: Versamark (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Not So Heavy Metal Sequin Tin (28 Lilac Lane)
Other: Heat Tool, Big Shot, Stamp Positioner and/or acrylic blocks, Anti-static powder, Super Fine Copper Embossing Powder (Ranger), Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables (Lawn Fawn), Sunkissed Copper Gilding Flakes (Nuvo), 2-Way Glue Pen (Zig)
(your step-by-step guide to CASE-ing this design)
- Score your card base at 4 1/4″. Adhere the peach cardstock to the card base. Fold and burnish the edge with a bone folder. Set aside
- Diecut the black cardstock with the 2nd largest stitched rectangle die
- Stamp the “happy” sentiment in Versamark – use a stamp positioning tool or acrylic block. Be sure to use an anti-static bag or powder first so the embossing powder doesn’t stick all over! Heat emboss in copper.
- Then, stamp the individual letters for “New Year”, again, in Versamark. I opted for a wonky look, but you can line them up if you want. Heat emboss in copper.
- Then, on the aqua cardstock, apply 2-way glue around the edges. Allow the glue to dry to its tacky state.
- Apply Nuvo Gilding Flakes (I used copper), covering the glued edges. Rub the flakes on each other until the excess comes off. You’ll be left with a wonderful antique gilded edge. It’s supposed to look imperfect, and it’s oh, so, lovely!
- Adhere the black sentiment panel to the aqua panel, then adhere the finished panel to the card base, making sure to keep even spacing on each layer.
- Add various size copper sequins around the sentiment.
Now it’s your turn to link up!
Now that you’re all inspired, what will you create? The clock is ticking away for #FF0023 and we want to see your design. Link up your project over at Festive Friday and you might just be named a Festive Fave!
Don’t Forget about the GIVEAWAY!
Every month, I give away a sweet surprise to one lucky commenter. So, don’t forget to leave a COMMENT on today’s post to enter!
If you loved today’s project, I’d love to know! The blogosphere can be a lonely place, so please don’t lurk! Leave a quick word or two to tell me you were here!
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra
Get everything you need to make this project!
The supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. The links I'm sharing are Affiliate Links, meaning that I will receive a small commission on your sale, at no additional cost to you.
This helps keep the lights on and the inspiration flowing here at Pixel Maven's Retreat!
Here's some other projects you'll like!
Today’s technique is going to blow your mind!
Let’s go next-level with stencils!
Stencils are pretty popular right now, and there’s so many ways you can use them. I was inspired by my latest Altenew Academy class to see what new and innovative way I could use them for my latest project.
Welcome back for another Festive Friday!
It seems like every time I check the calendar, it’s time for another Festive Friday challenge! We’ve got a pretty predictable challenge this round – since Mother’s Day is coming up soon.