This is IT!
Strap in, people! This post is LOOONNGG and filled with lots of pics. We’re taking a look into Friday’s Altenew Educator Level 3 Final Challenge – my live class, and it was a good one!
Welcome back for another Festive Friday!
It seems like every time I check the calendar, it’s time for another Festive Friday challenge! We’ve got a pretty predictable challenge this round – since Mother’s Day is coming up soon. Why not get ready ahead of time and whip up a project for the Moms in your life and then link up with us?!
(affiliate links are used in this post. When you click on them and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting my blog!)
Looking for ideas – here’s a few:
- Go for all the options and create a beautiful pink Mother’s Day project! It could be a card, a scrapbook page, home decor, gift packaging – anything!
- Mom not a fan of pink? Set the hue aside and go for her favorites to make it the perfect project
- Have other plans for the festivity? Hone in on the color instead and see what kind of fun designs you can create with shades of this flirty, fun member of the color wheel!
- CASE one of the DT projects and add your own twist to our designs. Of course, if you blog about it, we would love for you to mention the Designer as your inspiration for your project. Here’s links to all of the Designers:
Here’s my take:
Don’t forget to leave a comment at the end of the post to qualify for my monthly giveaway!
Stamps and Paper and Inks … Oh, My!
(Affiliate shopping links are listed at the end of the post)
Stamps: Painted Flowers (Altenew)
Paper: 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ – Solar White 110lb (Neenah), scraps of Solar White 80lb (Neenah)
Inks: Nocturne Versafine Clair( Tsukineko), Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide (Ranger), Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide (Ranger), Frosty Pink (Altenew), Coral Berry (Altenew), Olive (Altenew), Moss (Altenew)
Accessories: Antique Gold Ink Spray (Altenew)
Other: Big Shot (Sizzix), Creative Backgrounds Dies (Sizzix), Wendy Vecchi STAY-tion, Blending Brushes (Amazon)
(your step-by-step guide to CASE-ing this design – click the images for a larger slideshow)
- Score your card base at 4 1/4″.
- Blend in Picked Raspberry from the top, down 1/3rd. Blend in Worn Lipstick in the center – fading to white.
- Splatter Altenew Antique Gold Spray on the blended card base and allow to dry.
- Align the Creative Background die towards the top of the card base. Use the Wendy Vecchi STAY-tion to help align the die to the base and then secure it with some Post-its. (Check out the picture to see how I dd this).
- Finish the diecutting – don’t forget to open the card so you don’t cut through the back of the base!
- Stamp and diecut any number of flowers and leaves from the Painted Flowers stamp set.
- Assemble a small bouquet of flowers and adhere to the finished card base.
- Add a sentiment if desired.
Now it’s your turn to link up!
Now that you’re all inspired, what will you create? The clock is ticking away for #FF0032 and we want to see your design. Link up your project over at Festive Friday and you might just be named a Festive Fave!
Don’t Forget about my monthly GIVEAWAY!
Every month, I give away a sweet surprise to one lucky commenter. So, don’t forget to leave a COMMENT on today’s post to enter!
If you loved today’s project, I’d love to know! The blogosphere can be a lonely place, so please don’t lurk! Leave a quick word or two to tell me you were here!
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! 2019-20 Coordinators are NOW SHIPPING!
"I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra
Get everything you need to make this project!
The supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. The links I'm sharing are Affiliate Links, meaning that I will receive a small commission on your sale, at no additional cost to you.
This helps keep the lights on and the inspiration flowing here at Pixel Maven's Retreat!
Here's some other projects you'll like!
This is IT!
This is the “best for last”!
I saved this final design from my Altenew Educator Level 3 Final because it is my FA-VO-RITE!
Floral cards are great for any occasion.
I love it when I can craft up a design that will accommodate any sentiment. I find that lots of floral designs fit that category.