Today’s the last day for Tic Tac Toe Challenge #7. If you haven’t played, you have until 12 Central to link up! There are some amazing projects from the Design Team, AND in the gallery from fellow players. If you don’t have time to play, at least do stop by and see all the amazing projects!
In a way, I was glad that this was DT X’s challenge, as I really had a hard time putting together a project. I think I just didn’t want to do another flower card. I thought about acetate, but just didn’t have a creative idea…. so, in the end, I decided on the right diagonal – diecut, distress ink, embossing folder.
Let’s take a closer look at the showstopper technique – the distressed wood background. In just a few easy steps, you’ll have the same results!
How about that? Here’s some more tips to make this card a success!
- Don’t go overboard with the sentiment element – let the distressed wood shine as the focal point!
- To soften the banner sentiment, use a Blender Pen to add some shadowing to the edges of the banner stamp.
- Don’t be afraid to cut open your copper trim. I like to loosen an end then stick my finger all the way through to get a large opening that can be cut completely so you end up with a flat piece of copper mesh.
- Always apply embellishments in odd numbers. Today, I used 5 pearls!
Wrap-up & Chat
If you’re in love with this project please share!
Because creatives crave inspiration! By sharing each other’s work, not only will we get better, and craft more often, but we help inspire others too. Creativity is a team sport, so get out there and share.
Here’s how you can share with me:
- Leave a COMMENT below!
- Post a project inspired by today’s post on my Facebook page OR
- Post it on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook or Google+ and use the hashtag #PMRcraftmaven
When I find your creations, I’ll comment and I’ll share them right here, AND, you'll receive a surprise in the mail from me!
Here’s how you can share with others:
- Use those big ‘ol SHARE buttons below and post today’s creative inspiration for others to find
- If you’re on a mobile device, you can share images by pressing and holding on the picture and selecting “Share Image”. You should get a whole bunch of options depending on what apps you have installed on your device.
Ready to de-stress with some distressing?
If you LOVED today’s project, and you want to make this card yourself, the supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. Remember, order a minimum of $25 (can be multiple orders) start receiving extra benefits from me! The more you order, the more you’ll get! You MUST use the Host Code to get your extras!
- SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: 37DDAN93. This month's Product Rewards Club members will receive:
- Orders between $25-$74.99: A 6x6 Paper Sampler - Fresh Florals DSP
- Orders over $75: The Paper Sampler AND 1/8" Fresh Fig Sheer Ribbon!
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND the free gifts from me!
- BONUS DAYS - Redeem your coupons this month! Click for more details
FREEBIES!!! There's no catch - check out my Freebies Page for all sorts of downloadable resources to help take your crafting up a notch!
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra