Do you ever feel like you’re the last on the bandwagon for a new crafting technique? That’s me on this week’s CASE. I’ve been eyeballing this particular design for a while now. I’d been putting it off because I thought I’d need more time…
Take a break today and crack this CASE along with us!
Ann and I are back with two new CASE files! I finally did up a tracking list because I couldn’t remember all the great projects we completed. Can you believe we closed 60 CASEs between the two of us? Wow! That’s a lot of step-by-step inspiration!
For this week’s CASE, I was looking for something quick & simple. When I heard that Better Together will be carrying-over into the 2018-19 Annual Catalog, I figured that the sample from our current catalog would be the perfect simple sample to show you how great this stamp set is!
Registered for Pixel Points? Don't forget to Login/Register, then leave a comment at the end of the post to earn even more!
Stamps and Paper and Inks … Oh, My!
Stamps: Better Together
Paper: Whisper White Notecards & Envelopes, Petal Garden DSP (3″ x 4 1/2″), Petal Garden DSP strip (3/4″ x 4″), Wild Wasabi Cardstock (2 1/4″ x 5 1/2″), Whisper White Cardstock (2″ x 2 1/2″)
Inks: Versamark, Calypso Coral, Pool Party Stampin’ Write Marker
Other: Heat Tool, Embossing Buddy, White Stampin’ Emboss Powder, Layered Square Framelits, Big Shot, Pretty Label Punch
On the CASE Notes
(your step-by-step guide)
- Fold and burnish your pre-scored Whisper White Notecard with a bone folder.
- Stamp the diaper pin on Whisper White Cardstock.
- Add a shadow using a Pool Party Stampin’ Write Marker. (I tried stamping instead, but it discolors the coral image – yuck!)
- Punch finished element with the Pretty Label Punch.
***NOTE: The Stamparatus makes it easy to align the sentiment on the top of the DSP. This is a really tight design, so the sentiment has to go almost all the way to the top or all of the elements won’t fit!
- Wipe DSP with the Embossing Buddy to remove static. Then, stamp the sentiment in Versamark.
- Heat emboss sentiment with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder.
- Adhere the finished panel to the card base.
- Diecut two Wild Wasabi scalloped squares. I used the 4th and 5th from the largest size.
- Cut flagged ends on either side of the DSP strip.
- Adhere the two scalloped squares and flag element together.
- Adhere square element and diaper pin element to card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
How Hard Was It to Crack this CASE?
Difficulty Level: 1 out of 5 – This is a great design! AAAANNNNDDD, you can easily swap out sentiments, imagery, and DSP to make lots of the same design for different occasions. This CASE is a real winner for sure! The only word of caution is to keep that sentiment high up on the DSP. You’ll learn quick if you don’t. I guess if that happens, you could cut down to the smaller scalloped square as an adjustment and it would all work out a-ok! This is a great design for beginners who are learning how to use core tools like the Big Shot, Heat Tool, punches, and even a little bit of coloring work.
We hope our projects today inspired you to try CASE-ing the catalog too! We’re “on the case”, looking for the hashtag #SUontheCASE on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Google+ & Pinterest) and if we find one of your projects, we’ll share it, like it, repost it – we’ll do it all!
We’ll be On the CASE again in 2 weeks!
Get everything you need to make this design!
The supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. Remember, every dollar you spend (before tax and shipping) is rewarded with Pixel Points that you can redeem for products and tutorials! The more you order, the more points you earn!
You MUST use the Host Code to get your Pixel Points!
- GET RETIRING PRODUCTS WHILE SUPPLIES LAST! Ink and Paper will go quickly, so don't delay!!
- SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: W9UXCA6T
- All orders receive 1 Pixel Point for every dollar spent with me on stampinup.com (before shipping and tax).
- Go for DOUBLE Pixel Points by adding the current Host Code to your order!
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND earn DOUBLE Pixel Points!
- Points can be redeemed for additional products and tutorials available HERE.
- Learn more about the Pixel Points Program
- PAPER PUMPKIN - Outside the Box! My monthly subscribers receive freebies, stamp storage, videos and Pixel Points for free tutorials and products! Join today!
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra