On the CASE: Christmas Quilt
On the CASE: Christmas Quilt
One thing I really love about Stampin’ Up! is the coordination of all the colors – even better is the coordination of product suites. These are a collection of papers, stamps, dies, embellishments and other products that are all designed to work together flawlessly. The Christmas Quilt suite is one of those! The suite includes the following:
- Christmas Quilt photopolymer stamp set & Quilt Builder Framelit Dies (buy as a bundle and save 10%)
- Quilted Christmas 1/4″ ribbon
- Quilted Christmas 6x6 Designer Series Paper
- Stitched Felt Embellishments
- Quilt Top Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
- Quilted Christmas Cardstock pack
Add some coordinating inks and some Whisper White cardstock, and you can make just about everything on page 4 of the Holiday Catalog!
Stamps and Paper and Inks … Oh, My!
Stamps: Christmas Quilt
Paper: Thick Whisper White Cardstock (8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″), Garden Green Cardstock (4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″), Whisper White Cardstock (2″ x 5 1/2″), Pool Party Cardstock (1/2″ x 2 1/2″), Quilted Christmas DSP – tree pattern & red small plaid pattern, small scrap of Real Red Cardstock
Inks: Garden Green, Pool Party, Real Red, Lemon Lime Twist
Accessories: Stitched Felt Embellishments
Other: Big Shot, Quilt Top TIEF, Quilt Builder Framelits, glue dots, Stampin’ Dimensionals
On the CASE Notes
(your step-by-step guide)
This time, I built the card from bottom layers to top layers, stamping, cutting & embossing along the way.
**programming note: I tried the Whisper White panel at 2 1/4″, but that was too long. If you follow the instructions and measurements, yours will turn out more like the catalog sample.
BASE & DSP PIECES
- Score your card base at 4 1/4″. Fold and burnish the edge with a bone folder.
- Adhere the Garden Green cardstock panel.
- Emboss the 2″ Whisper White piece with the Quilt Top TIEF
- Adhere the quilted Whisper White piece, about 1/2″ up from the bottom. I preferred to add this piece with the bumps facing down, but you can do it either way!
- Fussy cut three trees from the tree patterned DSP.
- Trim off a strip (2 squares wide) of the red plaid patterned DSP.
- Adhere the small strip of red plaid DSP above the Whisper White, and adhere the tree cutouts as shown.
- Stamp two tree images on Whisper White, using Garden Green ink.
- Stamp the inside tree image – on one tree use Lemon Lime Twist, on the other use Pool Party.
- Stamp the stitched border in Real red. Also stamp the tree base image in Real Red.
- Diecut the trees, tree base and a red star.
SENTIMENT & FINAL ASSEMBLY
- Use a Garden Green Stampin’ Write marker to color in just the word “merry” from the sentiment. Stamp on the piece of Pool Party.
- Clean the stamp, then color in the word “Christmas” and stamp.
- Stamp stitching across the bottom of the card on the Garden Green, using Garden Green ink. You don’t need to go all the way across since the sentiment will cover it. Just add a single stamp off to the right. It doesn’t need to look perfect.
- Pop up the sentiment with some Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add the two stamped trees as shown.
- Add the stamped tree base, Stitched Felt tree (use glue dots for best results), and star.
How Hard Was It to Crack this CASE?
Difficulty Level: 2 out of 5 – Every time I pick a card to CASE I find that there’s tons of little steps. Again, it’s not difficult to do with the measurements and steps, so, in reality, this card could take just a few minutes.
We hope our projects today inspired you to try CASE-ing the catalog too! We’re “on the case”, looking for the hashtag #SUontheCASE on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Google+ & Pinterest) and if we find one of your projects, we’ll share it, like it, repost it – we’ll do it all!
We’ll be On the CASE again in 2 weeks!
CASE it too!
If you LOVED today’s project, and you want to make this card yourself, the supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. Remember, order a minimum of $25 (can be multiple orders) start receiving extra benefits from me! The more you order, the more you’ll get! You MUST use the Host Code to get your extras!
- SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: H3BU9RHT. This month's Product Rewards Club members will receive:
- Orders between $25-$74.99: A 6x6 Paper Sampler - Christmas Around the World
- Orders over $75: The Paper Sampler AND Foil Snowflakes!
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND the free gifts from me!
- STAMPIN' BLENDS! Stampin' Up!'s new alcohol-based markers are now available! Start your collection today and join me at Club Blend
- PAPER PUMPKIN - Outside the Box! My monthly subscribers receive freebies, stamp storage, videos and exclusive access to a private Facebook group where we share projects and I do giveaways! Join today!
- Product Shares Get a little of everything, and use it all! Product Shares for the Annual Catalog and Holiday Catalog are ordered twice a month. Time to restock!
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra