Boo!!! I can’t believe that I forgot to sign up for this month’s Pals Blog Hop! I even made sure to have a super cute project ready to go! Well, I’m just gonna pretend to be on the hop so you can enjoy what I made anyway….
Thank you for joining me for my July Pals Blog Hop (for One), celebrating the 2013-15 In Colors! Are you ready to see a wonderful creation made with Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding, Strawberry Slush, Baked Brown Sugar and Coastal Cabana? I loved making this project, and hope you enjoy viewing it.
So, you haven’t hopped in and out of anywhere, but I’ve posted the Hop lineup below so you can join in and hop from blog to blog to see all of the amazing creations.
I’ve been dreaming up an element in this design for a while now. Ever since I got the Dress Up Framelits, I knew I wanted to turn one of them into a bathing suit! I finally got the occasion to, and this card will be going to someone who recently decided to do something very special for herself – and I couldn’t be happier for her!
So, I know you have two questions (ok, maybe more….). First – where did I get that great punch from? And second, where did that paper design come from on the bathing suit? (And, how did you make the bathing suit?)
Ok, so, first – the punch. It’s actually the Mosaic Punch punched twice – the second time I punched, the punch is turned 90-degrees – makes a pretty cool decorative square, huh? Gotta love those strips of washi tape lined up in the hole, huh?
Speaking of washi – that’s exactly what I used on the bathing suit. This particular tape design from the Gingham Garden Designer Washi matches up from piece to piece, so I could make a seamless looking design. I lined up a whole bunch of tape on a piece of Strawberry Slush CS then ran it through the Big Shot with my new Magnetic Platform and Dress Up Framelit.
To answer the last question, I used the 1 1/4″ Circle punch to cut off the skirt and make leg holes. The Corner Rounder punch helped round off the edges. There was nothing scientific about the approach – just a bit of trial and error!
Thanks for visiting – and I hope to see you next month! (And, hopefully I’ll remember to sign up for the actual Hop!)
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Lynn Hoyt at cattaildesigns
- Amy Lazzell at Just a Thought…Cards by Amy
- Barb Furlong at The Love of Stamping
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Laurie Chilton at Stampin Ink
- Kim Czenszak at Live Love Stamp
- Linda Callahan at Stampin’ Seasons
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Nicole Picadura at Scraps & Stamps
- Peggy Noe at Prettypapercards.com
- Kerry Willard Bray at Stampgoodness
- Martie Pollard at The Crafty Bandit
- Rae Harper at Wild West Paper Arts
- Debbie Mageed at Scrappin’ and Stampin’
- Diane Roberts at Score at Four and a Quarter
- Mikki Sarkisyan at Mikki’s Creative Corner
- Kari Linder at Stampin’ Essentials
- Angie Blake at Angie’s Musings
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Shirley Sumption at Look At My Cute Stuff
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Debbie Crowley at expressivelydeb…
- Carmen Sublasky at The Creative Stamptuary
- Colleen Mollema at My Crafty Habit