Better Together Eastern Fusion
Better Together Eastern Fusion
Happy Tuesday! I’m continuing on my 2-week journey with the Better Together stamp set with this eastern-inspired card for Kylie’s International Highlights. (I hope you vote for me!)
Yah, total shameless plug…. I know. Australian SU Demo, Kylie Bertucci started this International Highlights as a way to share the creative talents of fellow Demonstrators across the world – so, it’s an opportunity for you to see some other creative work that you might have missed out on in the past! If you’re visiting because of Kylie’s event, welcome!
The theme of this month’s event is Thailand Gratitude. Many Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators are in Phuket, Thailand right now, enjoying the annual Achievers Incentive Trip. This is an all expenses paid trip FOR TWO to a luxury location where Demonstrators and their guests are pampered, and get to enjoy an amazing experience as a reward for their hard work. Sound like fun? It’s hard work, but uyou can work towards this incentive trip too! To get started, you just need to get the Stampin’ Up! Starter Kit ( or, the Best Deal Ever), and you’re on your way – and this month’s extra goodies make the Starter Kit even more worth it – even if you’re only looking to enhance your crafting supplies at a discount. (If you want more details, please contact me so we can go more in-depth, or start by reading up on the BDE).
I digress…. So, we’re looking for “thanks” style cards – and I thought I’d pull in a bit of the Eastern flair with our Eastern Vinyl Stickers – so easy! Even though the sentiment on my design is “just a note” it can certainly say “To Say Thanks!” on the inside! I love that a “just a note” can be a note for anything!
Today’s design takes us back to my LCS Method. All you have to remember is Let’s Create, Simply!
Let’s Create, Simply!
If you want to create cards like the ones I share, there is a simple way to do it. All you have to remember is “Let’s Create, Simply!”. Remembering that phrase will help you recall three key points of design: Layout, Color, Style. Don’t overthink it and use these three steps to make great cards every time. Click on the sections below for today’s tips and Pin-worthy graphics! (Hint: If you’re on a mobile device, you can save images by pressing and holding on the picture and selecting “Share Image”. You should get a whole bunch of options depending on what apps you have installed on your device.)
Start your project by finding a great layout. Here’s a sketch of today’s design. See how simple it is when you break it down into its parts? Save this sketch to a Pinterest board and use it any time you need design inspiration.
Featured Element: Medallion
The highlight of this sketch is the large circular element – or medallion. I created this element using both the Eastern Vinyl Stickers and a diecut from the Eastern Medallions Thinlits and Gold Foil Sheets.
Color doesn’t have to be cosmic! Inspiration is all around, and you can hardly go wrong with any of Stampin’ Up!’s colors. Here’s the primary colors used on today’s creation. You can save this to a Pinterest board to use any time you’re looking for project inspiration.
Featured Coordination: A Classic Twist
Purple and Gold is a classic color combination. But, how do we keep it from looking like too much? Choose a lighter shade of purple! In this case, Sweet Sugarplum fits the bill! Pair those two with a darker accent, and some white to break it all up, and you’re there!
Styling is where it’s easy to go overboard. So, take a deep breath and focus on one key technique to add some flair to your project.
Featured Style: Geometric & Organic
There are a lot of different patterns going on here – the small dotted pattern of the DSP, the geometric medallions and the floral embossing. How can all of these work so well together? It’s all about subtlety and size. The DSP pattern works well because the pattern itself is small in scale, and there’s a lot of white to allow the pattern to “breathe”. And, the floral works well in the embossed Sweet Sugarplum because it, too, is subtle – just adding texture to the design. This allows the medallion to really shine as the highlight of the card, with the DSP and embossing playing a supporting role.
Wrap-up & Chat
If you’re in love with this project and my How to Wow Series, please do share!
Because creatives crave inspiration! By sharing each other’s work, not only will we get better, and craft more often, but we help inspire others too. Creativity is a team sport, so get out there and share.
Here’s how you can share with me:
- Leave a COMMENT below!
- Post a project inspired by today’s post on my Facebookpage OR
- Post it Pinterest and use the hashtag #PMRInspired2017 OR
- Post it to Instagram and use the hashtag #PMRInspired2017
When I find your creations, I’ll comment and I’ll share them right here!
Here’s how you can share with others:
- Use those big ‘ol SHARE buttons below and post today’s creative inspiration for others to find
- If you’re on a mobile device, you can share images by pressing and holding on the picture and selecting “Share Image”. You should get a whole bunch of options depending on what apps you have installed on your device.
Ready to try Eastern Fusion?
If you LOVED today’s project, and you want to make this card yourself, the supply list is right here! Just click a product to get started. Remember, order a minimum of $25 (can be multiple orders) start receiving extra benefits from me! The more you order, the more you’ll get! You MUST use the Host Code to get your extras!
- GET RETIRING PRODUCTS WHILE SUPPLIES LAST! Ink and Paper will go quickly, so don't delay!!
- SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: W9UXCA6T
- All orders receive 1 Pixel Point for every dollar spent with me on stampinup.com (before shipping and tax).
- Go for DOUBLE Pixel Points by adding the current Host Code to your order!
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND earn DOUBLE Pixel Points!
- Points can be redeemed for additional products and tutorials available HERE.
- Learn more about the Pixel Points Program
- PAPER PUMPKIN - Outside the Box! My monthly subscribers receive freebies, stamp storage, videos and Pixel Points for free tutorials and products! Join today!
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra