5 Ways to Add a Lace Look
Welcome to the first ever Remarkable Ink Big Blog Hop! This month’s theme is Sale-a-Bration, so I thought I’d showcase 5 ways to add a lace look using the Delicate Details stamp set. It’s a lovely “accessory” stamp set that’s available FREE with $50 purchase during Sale-a-Bration!
Since this is an “accessory” stamp set (doesn’t have any sentiments) I paired it with another Sale-a-Bration set – Any Occasion. You’ll see that my samples really are great for any occasion — Lace isn’t reserved for the frilly and feminine!
You may just be starting the blog hop here at my blog or may be hopping over from elsewhere on the list. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all the projects.Lace isn't just for the frilly & feminine. Today's 5 designs take you outside the box!Click To Tweet
Stretching My Creativity
Ok – here we go! 5 ways to add a lacy look. I came up with the title before I created the projects, so I was committed (or doomed to an eternity in the Retreat to come up with 5 samples). After I got past the first one, the rest came easy. I think the key tipping point was deciding to add in the Any Occasion stamp set for the sentiments. It helped set the tone and card size (I opted for our 3.5 x. 5 notecards).
There’s lots of watercoloring too… it really is quite fun to come up with washes and other ways to use our reinkers and aquapainters! Ok, so, enough blahblahblahblah…. Click on the plus signs to view each project.
1. Distressed & Hinted-at Lace
This is the design that kicked-off this whole collection. I wanted watercolor – bright & vivid. I wanted lace – hinted-at… UGH! It took me a couple of tries, but I finally arrived at gorgeous! Yes – that is Tempting Turquoise. Straight from the re-inker with just a hint of water added. Layer, dry. Layer, dry. Layer, dry. Then, the lace was stamped with Whisper White craft ink, and immediately covered in white embossing powder. I took a dry paintbrush to the powder to remove some of it from the lace, then heat-set it. I did stamp the “twine” stamp to align the sentiment, but then I glued some Linen Thread right over the top, with one of the Party Animal embellishments. I did add some Clear Wink of Stella to the lace in the end…
2. Lace In-The-Round
This one came together quick! Another watercolor wash using Tempting Turquoise reinker – this time, on Shimmery White Cardstock. Then, some ink spatter, and Gold Wink of Stella spatter. Dry it up quick with the Heat Tool. Then, I punched out a 2″ circle from some scrap and attached it to an acrylic block. I was able to work one of the lace patterns around the circle, and add the sentiment around the bottom (check out my Instagram feed). Genius! Stamp in Basic Black Archival Ink, add the Dragonfly and pop-up on some Stampin’ Dimensionals.
3. Lace in the Background
I know you’ve seen it everywhere, but I’d be remiss if I didn’t use all of the Delicate Details stamps in a big block to create a background. Here, Whisper White Craft Ink on a Crumb Cake Notecard is a nice, light detail to set the background apart from the top layer. There’s some more Turquoise watercolor wash with gold and turquoise spatter. This time, a tiny bit of Calypso Coral – in both the hearts and the background strip. Oh, and how about some glitz with a small sequins flag? Wondering how I got that scallop? I used just the top of the Best Badge Punch! Nice hack, right?
4. Lace Gone Masculine…?
I knew I wanted to get in a good guy look, so here we are. Crumb Cake notecard with watercoloring across the bottom. I opted for the more curly-cue stamps from Delicate Details. Does it count as lace? There’s some more Turquoise and gold splatter, and the Happy Birthday banner. To set off the top layer, I added a strip of Tangerine Tango to the top, and a screw head element from the Urban Underground embellishments.
5. Lace As An Architectural Feature
This last look is pretty far out. I got some watercolor paper really wet on top and dripped the ink and let it roll. That’s what I got. Pretty neat!. Then, I added the two lace patterns – one on the base card, and one on the watercolor element. I thought I would use ribbon, but opted for the Gold Sequins Trim instead. I think the whole top has an architectural look to it. Kind of like crown molding or the top of a column, or wood “gingerbread” detail (technically called a Spandrel). I used the Signo White Gel Pen to add some white detail, just for some pop.
Wrap-up & Chat
Whew! That was a marathon!! I hope you’re inspired to pull out your Aquapainters, reinkers and Delicate Details stamp set to create some cards like these. If you don’t have this stamp set, you have until the end of the month to place a $50 order to get it for free! Use my ideas above to help kick-start your creativity for today – and share your results!
Because creatives crave inspiration! By sharing your work, not only will you get better, and craft more often, but you’ll be helping inspire others too. Creativity is a team sport, so get out there and share.
Here’s how you can share with me:
- Leave a COMMENT below!
- Post a project inspired by today’s post on my Facebook page OR
- Post it Pinterest and use the hashtag #PMRInspired2017 OR
- Post it to Instagram and use the hashtag #PMRInspired2017
When I find your creations, I’ll comment and I’ll share them right here!
Here’s how you can share with others:
- Use those big ‘ol SHARE buttons below and post today’s creative inspiration for others to find
- If you’re on a mobile device, you can share images by pressing and holding on the picture and selecting “Share Image”. You should get a whole bunch of options depending on what apps you have installed on your device.
Time to Hop Along!
To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Remarkable Ink Big Blog Hop!
Blog Hop Line-up:
Stock Up & Save!
During Sale-a-Bration, receive a FREE, exclusive item for every $50 (before shipping & tax). Use today’s project to earn rewards, and get a free product from me by using this month’s Host Code at checkout! Click on the items to add them to your shopping cart.
- SHOP NOW and don't forget the host code: BUS2F3F3
- All orders receive 1 Pixel Point for every dollar spent with me on stampinup.com (before shipping and tax).
- Go for DOUBLE Pixel Points by adding the current Host Code to your order!
- If you have an order over $150, DON'T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin' Rewards, AND earn DOUBLE Pixel Points!
- Points can be redeemed for additional products and tutorials available HERE.
- Learn more about the Pixel Points Program
- Get 10 Ink Pads FREE! - If you have a product wishlist over $99 the Best Deal Ever is for you!
- PAPER PUMPKIN - My monthly subscribers receive freebies, stamp storage, videos and Pixel Points for free tutorials and products! Join today and get your first month 1/2 off!! Use code BLOOM0818 at checkout.
- If you plan to place your next order through me and need copies of the current catalogs, please request them here.
- Need a Color Coordinator to inspire color choices for your projects? Get yours today! "I love this! I have a hard time getting color combos together and this takes all the guess work out so I can start creating right away! I think every stamper should have one thank you for this amazing product." - Sandra
- Need a 2018-19 Annual Catalog? Request your FREE copy here!